Irrigation timers can malfunction due to power outages, faulty wiring, or simply old age.
Some other common causes of malfunctioning irrigation timers can be:
– Damaged solenoid: The solenoid is the electrical component that activates the valve to turn on the water. If the solenoid is damaged, it will not be able to turn on the valve, even if the timer is set correctly.
– Loose or corroded wiring: The wiring that connects the timer to the valve can become loose or corroded over time. This can cause a short circuit or prevent the timer from sending a signal to the valve.
– Dirty contacts: The contacts on the timer can become dirty or corroded over time. This can prevent the timer from making a good connection and sending a signal to the valve.
– Settings: If the timer settings are not correct, the sprinklers may not turn on or off at the desired times.
If you think your irrigation timer is malfunctioning, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check the power supply to the timer. Make sure that the timer is plugged into an outlet that is working properly.
2. Check the wiring between the timer and the valve. Make sure that the wires are not loose or corroded.
3. Clean the contacts on the timer. Use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts.
4. Check the timer settings. Make sure that the settings are correct for the time of day and the watering schedule.
If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and the timer is still malfunctioning, call us: 702.370.2828.
Regular irrigation system maintenance can help prevent your irrigation timer from malfunctioning. Some preventive services we recommend:
– Install a surge protector on the outlet that the timer is plugged into. This will help to protect the timer from power surges.
– Inspect the timer and wiring regularly for damage.
– Clean the contacts on the timer every few years.
– Replace the timer every 10-15 years.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your irrigation timer in good working order and prevent it from malfunctioning.
GET IN TOUCH